UPDATE ON COVID-19
A MESSAGE TO OUR COMMUNITY about the safety measures in place at our facility.
We want you, our community, to know that we are taking the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation very seriously at HPC.
Your health and the health of this community is of our utmost concern and we are taking all the necessary steps to follow all state regulations to ensure your health and safety. While our office is cleaned regularly, we have scheduled additional deep cleaning services to put your minds at ease.
Here is an overview of the steps we are taking:
- All patients and visitors are required to wear face coverings.
- All patients and visitors are pre-screened for COVID-19 upon entry.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitization of surfaces, tables, door handles.
- Treatment Tables and chairs are cleaned and sanitized after every patient with EPA registered cleaners
- "Medify" hospital grade air filtration systems present in all common areas.
- All equipment, chairs and tables are spaced at least 6 ft apart.
- Spread out scheduling to support social distancing.
- Removal of the toy section and icing stations
- Continued common-sense practices surrounding hygiene and hand washing.
**The office will remain open during our normal office hours until further notice**
*On that note, if you are sick, have traveled internationally in the last 3 weeks, or have potentially been exposed to COVID-19, please give us a call to reschedule your appointments*
*If your appointment typically falls during a busier time in the office, as you know, we are extremely flexible with scheduling. We would be happy to reschedule your appointment at a quieter time during the shift...just let us know!*
5 Tips to Support Your Family's Health and Immunity
Along with good hygiene habits like washing your hands with soap and water and minimizing touching your face, there are many other things you can do to support your health and immune system.
- Get Adequate Sleep: Use this time to reevaluate your nighttime routines and sleep patterns. Lack of sleep has a massive impact on the responsiveness of your immune system. Aim for 7-8 hours per night for adults and 10-12 for children. Avoid technology and screens at least 60 minutes before sleep time.
- Assess your Nutrition: It is imperative we feed our body nutrient-dense, high quality foods to support optimum overall functioning. Are you eating lots of vegetables and seasonal fruits? Are you purchasing local and/or organic foods? Organic quality is of particular importance for your protein and dairy choices. For a list of the best fruits and vegetables to buy organic, simply google "Dirty Dozen and Clean Fifteen". If you need guidance with your nutrition, please let us know! We are here to support you!
- Hydrate with beverages that do not contain sugar and caffeine.
- Exercise and move "Nutritiously" throughout your day. Aim for at least 20-30 min of exercise daily. Light exercise has been shown to augment the functionality of the immune system (so now is the time to get out and move your body on a daily basis)!
- Get Adjusted: Chiropractic Care has been shown in several studies to have a positive effect on the immune system. Case studies show that including chiropractic care as a part of your health care routines help to support wellness year after year.
It is so much easier to keep "well people well", then to help them heal from full-blown sickness. Invest in the tips above and you will go a long way to create a strong "terrain" which can be inhospitable to viral and bacterial infections.
And remember, even if you do get sick, staying vigilant with these habits will help you recover faster.